Easy Uniform Guidelines: USA Ultimate
With tough decisions regarding designs and colors, the last thing you want to be worried about when creating your new jersey is pesky organizational guidelines. To lend you a hand, we've resumed below all the uniform requirements stated by USA Ultimate.
Here are the rules you must comply with when creating your new favorite jersey:
- The team name, player nicknames, logos used, and overall design of the jersey must be appropriate.
- Everyone on the team must wear jerseys of identical colour/design. As well, uniform bottoms (pants or shorts) must be of identical colour and design.
- Teams must have two jerseys of distinctly different color, one predominantly white and one predominantly dark. A jersey that is not white does not automatically qualify as a dark. Any color that may be described as light does not qualify as a dark jersey (e.g., yellow, pink, light blue, etc.).
- Jerseys must have numbers on the back and front of jerseys. The numbers on the back must be at least 6 inches tall, and the numbers on the front must be 4 inches tall. Both the front and back must be one- or two-digit Arabic numbers, must be in clear contrast with the jersey colour, and have sufficient negative space surrounding them to allow visibility. No two players on a given team may use the same number, or numbers with the same value (i.e. 00 and 0, or 01 and 1).
- Numbers are not required on uniform bottoms. However, if teams do opt for numbers, they must be on the front of one of the legs. These numbers must be at least 2 inches high, match the number on the back, and be in clear contrast with the background material.
- Pants and skirts are not allowed as part of the on-field uniform without the pre-approval of USA Ultimate.
- Accessories including tights, undershirts, compression sleeves, and hats must be either solid black or coordinated with one of the team's uniform colors.
- Socks that are mid-calf or lower must be black, white, or coordinated with the team's uniform colors.
Read the full rules for the Triple Crown Tour here to make sure your uniforms meet the requirements.
That's it! It's really this simple.
Should you still have questions, or want to get started with your idea for a jersey, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you'd like service in English, or email@example.com if you'd prefer service en français!