Founded in 2014, ReachUp is a registered non-profit organization that runs ultimate frisbee training sessions to build confidence, inspire healthy and active lifestyles, and develop transferable skills in Indigenous children and youth.
The following five core values are at the heart of ReachUp’s model of community engagement.
- Partnership: We actively collaborate with local, provincial and national organizations seeking to improve the health and social outcomes of children and youth.
- Engagement: We honour local ‘on-the-ground’ leadership and recognize that ReachUp’s mandate can only be accomplished through the invitation and support of schools, associations and communities.
- Cultural sensitivity: Grounded in a posture of mutual respect and inclusion, we see frisbee as a tool for cultivating cross-cultural learning for both trainers and participants.
- Sustainability: We seek to identify and provide ongoing support to local frisbee champions who are passionate about seeing children and youth thrive.
- Fun: At its heart, frisbee is about the joy of running, throwing and catching with friends.
Visit ReachUp Ultimate here to learn more!