VCHQ Updates / Ask Me Anything
Hello team - here is your 4/2 update.
Here's what I did today:
- Confirmed an order for Jess (Miner Threat!)
- Got a Lookfly newsletter out with Pugh, who is recovering well from his surgery!
- Processed an order for 300+ jerseys to get more indigenous kids playing ultimate! Check out the Anishinabek Nation. Tidbit - one of their main art aspects is a Thunderbird logo... as I finished this proof request, two HUGE bald eagles came swooping around my house right in front of the window.
- Looked at more of Ahmad's budgets.
- Worked with Katie on our back-to-business plans.
- Answered online store questions/change requests... how people "order the wrong size" is still beyond me, but I'm here to help!
- Wrote, re-wrote, re-thought and am now re-doing a newsletter.
- Obsessed over my girlfriend's dog, Jersey, as she sleeps under my desk.
In all seriousness, we're getting closer to knowing what the next few weeks will look like. I will be going to the office on either Monday or Tuesday to take stock of some projects on site, and we'll look at how we can get the printers back running so that we are in pull position for PUL PSP orders when we open back up.
Technically, as it turns out, as a manufacturer, we are allowed to operate, but I feel confident that it was the right decision to all STAY HOME during these pivotal couple of weeks of isolation. Since the office is now sterile, I will go in next week myself to get some online orders out the door, too.
That's all for today - more concrete information and plans to come Tuesday. Thanks to all for your patience and please keep healthy! And optimistic.
Hi team - updates for 3/31.
I hope you're all staying somewhat busy and as optimistic as possible! Kristina did a killer job on her kitchen drawer organization and I am actually reading articles that people send to me.
We've been getting some orders - mostly gear from events that were cancelled, but a couple of custom orders have come in! Katie's been plugging away on guides and production tasks as they come up and Ahmad's been mostly learning, relearning and learning again about the government assistance stuff as it is released, as well as planning out our potential scenarios.
The good news it that the government is going to be coming through with some serious wage subsidies, which will allow us to come back to work even with such a reduced revenue prospect on the year. The bad news is that it's complicated and the flow of information is slow/incomplete... so we aren't able to make a plan, yet.
The first orders of business when we are able to open back up will be catching up on printing and online orders. As soon as we're able to do that (i.e. once the ON mandatory closure is lifted), we'll be focusing on opening back up on reduced hours to get that going.
The fact is that this virus isn't likely to peak until mid-or-late April, so we may still be in limbo until then, but I'm not going to borrow trouble.
More information soon. Stay healthy and optimistic and I'll be back with another update on Thursday.
I want to keep you as informed as possible, and as you want to be. Feel free to ask any questions you might have and I'll answer as best I can.