VC Ambassador Program
We are excited to announce the VC Ultimate Ambassador Program. This program is being created to build a community of ultimate players, coaches, organizers and supporters that we can learn from and support in a variety of different ways.
The goal is to solidify relationships with individuals the VC team knows personally or through their public persona and voice - individuals who we've come to respect and trust, and who's perspective we value on a variety of levels.
We think it's important to support individuals and community members who are using their voice to shed light on issues/movements/initiatives that align with our company values. We want to do what we can to help support VC Ambassador's activities in our community so that their influence can have effect for as long as possible, and reach as far as possible.
We also want to help express our own company values by associating with individuals that we believe are positive influences in our community.
How we will support VC Ambassadors?
There is no specific list of benefits on offer. This program is about hearing from Ambassadors about what would help support them in their community activities.
This could mean paying for their coaching dues, covering the cost of running a clinic or a community forum, sponsoring a deserving youth they coach to attend a camp like NUTC or covering baggage costs so more discs could to be taken to clinics held in developing countries.
Of course, there will be swag, but this program is not just about swag. This is about helping VC Ambassadors do their best work for our community.
Responsibilities of VC Ambassadors?
- Be yourself
- Talk to us
That's it. Honestly, we are open to nourishing and expanding our relationships but to start we just want VC Ambassadors to keep doing what they've been doing to become a VC Ambassador in the first place.
The key thing is for VC Ambassadors to talk to us about issues we're both passionate about, and to share stories and experiences with us so that we can learn more about all of the awesome things going on in our community.
As we get to know each other, we'll ask for honest feedback on things going on at VC, too - be it a community engagement opportunity or a new product initiative (like our upcoming change to non-binary sizing).
We'd love to hear VC Ambassador's opinions, and they are not obligated to agree with us or promote us - just to be honest with us so that we can be the best we can be.
Interested in becoming a VC Ambassador?
If you are interested in becoming a VC Ambassador, let's start by seeing if we're a fit. We'll be honest, this goes both ways... this program will only be a success if all involved feel as though positive results can be gained by our partnership.
Tell us about yourself:
- When you think of being an ambassador, what are the first 3 things that come to mind for you? Any perspectives regarding ideas, benefits, commitments, conflicts, opportunities, etc.?
- What challenges do you see and/or face when trying to make progress in the area in which you are interested?
- What resources would you appreciate as an ambassador? What resources would help support you to be the best ultimate player/community member you can be?
- What are your core/key values as a person and as an athlete/member of the ultimate community?
- Are the values behind the brand offering you sponsorship important? Do you identify with what you perceive or had read to be VC's values?
- Is the issue of equality important to you? What do you personally do to support equity efforts?
- Please tell us one negative thing about VC, or any ultimate company if you don't have a point specific to VC, that you don't like and would want to help change?
Please send us your answers to the questions above, as well as anything else you'd like to tell us about yourself. We're excited to get to know you!